This weekend we decided to tackle our fireplace....so dull and boring before, in necessary need of an update!!
Here is a picture of the fireplace before:
Let me tell you a little about what I definitely didn't like! First of all I hated the small mantle, it felt to me like a tiny after thought...so that definitely had to go! Next we knew we wanted to paint it...the pinkish tint had to go! Then the part we weren't sure we wanted to take on...I really didn't like the pink tiles surrounding all the concrete. The concrete also bothered me, but I knew it couldn't really go away! What I didn't know was that we could "easily" hide those ugly pink tiles and concrete....here goes nothing!
As you can see we definitely changed the paint color and bought a bigger mantle...love it!!! Now the "easy" concrete and pink tile covering...we decided to tile over them...what a project! Nothing like learning how to tile and grout via YouTube and just going for it! The result is wonderful and really not as hard as I thought...just messy, but maybe that is because we are beginners! We absolutely love this new elegant look!!!
Looks great, Lia!! I forgot you had a blog! I clicked on it a long time ago when you posted about the snake. Then I saw your comment on my blog tonight and clicked over. I've added you to my Google Reader to keep up with it! Cute blog. And great fire place!!
ReplyDeleteLove the new tile! Tiling can be such a pain but the end result is always worth it.
ReplyDelete